Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Positively Paisley

First things first...We are truly blessed to have the means to set a pretty table and invite our friends to join us for good food and fellowship. I am mindful that many are not so fortunate. My daughter has a passion for the work of the Food Bank. As a singer-songwriter, she has written and recorded a song that is the anthem for the world wide Crop Hunger Walk project. Her song, "Raise Your Voice" is featured in their video. I've included a link in the side margin of my blog. I hope that it will encourage you to support projects in your community that contribute to the effort to overcome hunger.
           *****************************************************************************************

My heart has been hurting last night and again today for the many blogging friends whom I know have been impacted by the devastating onslaught known as Hurricane Sandy.  You have been in my prayers, and I shall continue to lift you up over the coming days, weeks, and even months for many of you.  Out here on the prairie, we are used to violent weather.  I can only imagine adding that extraordinary element of the ocean.  I would share with you one of my favorite teachings from a Bible study.  Sometimes God calms the hurricane, and sometimes He calms His child in the midst of the hurricane.  I pray that you will find God's peace at this time of difficulty.

Tonight, I'll keep it relatively short and sweet.  I've set the games table for yet another lunch of take out brought in by dear friends.  I am truly a blessed woman to have such precious friends.
Come on in...

...It's a good day to enjoy food, fun, & fellowship.

     The inspiration for today was the navy paisley tablecloth.  I bought it not long ago on eBay for $5.00...true story!  It caught my eye because I thought that I recognized the fabric.  Sure enough, it the same polished chintz that I used for my son's bedroom in 1985!  Always loved that fabric.  I let him take the whole kitten caboodle when he furnished his first college apartment.  I've always kind of missed it.  TIp:  Know what you like and don't worry about whether it's the current trend.  Trust your own eye, your likes, and dislikes; and you'll be content with your choice.


I'm still enjoying the faux mini pomegranates that I used last week.  Today they are the highlight of my centerpiece, an antique oak bowl that I scored at an estate sale.  With the simple addition of four "crystal" votives from Dollar Tree, the centerpiece for my small table is complete.


 Pulling from the colors in the tablecloth, I chose rich shades of red, blue, and bronze with a touch of ivory gold in the L'argent Gold Sophia flatware.  You can still find this pattern in a variety of colors through Howchow.  The Williams-Sonoma Navy Linen Hemstitch napkin is caught with the Waverly beaded tassle napkin ring...a give-away gift from our talented Kathleen of Cuisine Kathleen.

The players in this small production...



 The bronze acrylic charger was $1.99 at Hobby Lobby...inexpensive, but effective.  The Royal Worcester Regency dinner plate is such a classic and always easy to integrate into a design.

I chose the Royal Worcester Regency luncheon plate to complete my stack because...well, because it was sitting there in the cabinet beside the dinner plates, and I was in a hurry.  Hey, it happens!

Completing the story line, I selected the AJKA Red Arabella wine goblet, and the Godinger Sutton Place lead crystal goblet.  I like that they beautifully reflected the glow of the candlelight.

                                                           
It's such a blessing to share a meal with precious friends seated at my table.  I'll set a place for you should you pass this way.  Just let me know.

Despite Hurricane Sandy's best efforts, tonight is the 33rd edition of Cuisine Kathleen's meme, "LET'S DISH".  I'm excited to be a charter member.  Pop over (pun intended for the Chef Supreme Kathleen) and join the fun!

Lots of great ideas to be gathered when you visit Yvonne at Stone Gable for TUTORIALS, TIPS, & TIDBITS.  Don't waste another moment...hurry on over!  Yvonne lives in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, and Hurricane was headed inland straight for her.  Please, keep her in your prayers.
                                                                
Thank you, yet again, to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for hosting her magical meme, Tablescape Thursday.  I'll be linking my post to "TABLESCAPE THURSDAY."   Hop on over and check out the myriad of marvelous tablescape designs, after 10:00 AM on Thursdays.  You'll be glad that you made the trip...it's a wonderful adventure.

When I think of October, I think about the crisp Autumn days and leaves that crunch under foot.  How about you?  With thankfulness for her dedication and efforts, I'm joining the multi-talented Tablescaper for her fabulous meme SEASONAL SUNDAYS.  Hope to see you there!  Alma also lives on the coast, and has been without poser since Sunday.  Please, lift her in your prayers.

You can check out KC's music at www.kcclifford.com, on iTunes, and on YouTube.  I hope that you'll take a few minutes and give her a listen.  You'll also enjoy reading back through her blog on this site.  The girl can really write!  Her latest CD is called "The Tag Hollow Sessions""  It is available on iTunes or through her website.  I hope that you'll give her music a chance.  I know that I have zero objectivity where she is concerned, but I think that you'll fall in love with her music and her!   
                                                         


Entertaining Women
Entertaining Women

Hello, I'm Cherry Kay I was 40 before I realized that I am an artist. I love to paint, work in clay, rubber stamping, design tablescapes, entertain, and share ideas. I'm an interior designer wanna-be...no credentials, but lots of experience.

16 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous setting, Cherry Kay! I love all of the rich colors and the paisley pattern. It has a beautiful 'Ralph Lauren' feel to it; and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, elegant table, Cherry Kay. Love the paisley tablecloth. Glad it found you!
    I've been in touch with Kathleen. She is safe and has power. Tablescaper is safe, but without power. I noticed a comment from Yvonne earlier this evening, so assume that she is safe and with power. I've yet to hear from some of my friends on the east coast and keeping each one of them in my prayers.........Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. The table-scape is truly rich looking and isn't paisley timeless? It really does add to the rich look and compliments the colors used throughout.

    I will hurry over to Kathleen's now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous table, Cherry Kay! I really like the colors you have paired this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I well remember how frightened I was the first time a tornado warning came when we lived in Oklahoma City!
    Your table is so warmly elegant. I'd be happy to pick up some take-out for the privilege of enjoying it in such a setting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This table is just luscious. I love the colors. Your tip on staying true to your taste is well worth repeating. Paisleys are timless, just like your beautiful dishes and crystal. Love the bowl! Many blessings are wished just for you.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and rich in color! I love paisley to that's a slam dunk for me!
    The red dishes really catch the eye and your beautiful stemware makes it so elegant. I love these colors at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty table, Cherry Kay. My favorites are the red Arabella wine glasses...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember that fabric! And I like it too. It really makes a stunning background for your pretties, which you have artfully assembled, as always. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, crud....I didn't realize Yvonne was in the path of that horrible storm, too! I'll pop on over to her blog to see what I can see. The devastation has just been disarming!!! Beautiful table, Cherry Kay, and the $5 bargain of the table linen is just too terrific! I agree with you to go with what you love and not worry about current trends. Set your own trends! I'm kind of a "classic" or "traditional" girl when it comes to my personal style, and I love the challenge of creating a new look with classic pieces or patterns. LOVE your china! Now THAT'S a classic!!! So glad you were able to enjoy a nice mid-week lunch with friends. I will really be glad when I'm able to start doing that again. I miss it very much. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I saw your small photo, I thought it was a big bowl of M & Ms, but I wasn't disappointed to see it was really pomegranates. I'm crazy about paisley as no matter how it is used, it is lovely as your table shows.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the rich colors and elegance! Very nice! Hope you are enjoying the glorious weather!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've chosen some of my favorite colors to combine this week! I have a "yesteryear" comforter in these colors that I still pull out on occasion. I never tire of the fabric. Your TIP is right on!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your table settings look gorgeous. I love the fact that you used the one small plate, because it was there! Sometimes the spontaneous serendipitous finds and combinations are the most fun.

    I'm sure you had a wonderful time with your friends. Thanks for sharing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a beautiful tablesetting. The rich jewel tones you have used create a very regal and yet still inviting table. What a fabulous deal on your tablecovering! Wow! You find the best buys on eBay.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore anything paisley Cherry Kay. The table is so beautiful and that bowl! WOW! That is stunning!

    Your friend called me and left a message saying she was away at the lake and would call me sometime this week when she returns. She sounded so friendly! I can't wait to meet her.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending your time to leave a comment. I read each and every one of your generous thoughts. They encourage me in so many ways.

Follow Me on Instagram