Saturday, January 2, 2016

Christmas Gold

Continuing on with the non-stop onslaught of Christmas, 2014 tablescapes, as I make up for lost time.  I'm excited to finally be able to post these.  They've been sitting in my camera for what seems like forever.  Today I set a table for a small group of my high school friends.  Three of have known each other since the first grade!  We're seated at the games table in the living room.  Won't you join us?

I knew that I wanted to go strong with red and gold.  I really had fun with this one...

 You'll recognize the old ruby glass bowl in my centerpiece.  This is the second luncheon for this arrangement...it's lasted really well.  I made the tablecloth years ago...it's Dupioni silk.

There didn't need to be too many extra accoutrements for this table.  The gold pushed it almost over the top very quickly. 

 
Nana's monogrammed napkin in the holly napkin ring added a needed touch of softness.  


 The Waterford Simply Green was another soft touch...paired with the Glastonbury-Lotus Goldenrod goblet.  The Glastonbury-Lotus chiller was used for a first course of soup today.

 The base of my place setting was an acrylic woven gold charger...an estate sale find.
 Another charger, the Bormioli red plate was even more dynamic when placed on the gold chargers. It added a big pop of glitz to the design.

 The dinner plate is Coalport Cairo gold.  It added a nice quotient of "star power" to the design.

 You'l also recognize the gold flatware, a Dallas estate sale acquisition.



It was a great day for good food, precious friends, and Christmas fellowship.  Thanks for stopping for a visit.

Today I'm joining:

Tablescape Thursday with Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch



Entertaining Women
Entertaining Women

Hello, I'm Cherry Kay I was 40 before I realized that I am an artist. I love to paint, work in clay, rubber stamping, design tablescapes, entertain, and share ideas. I'm an interior designer wanna-be...no credentials, but lots of experience.

2 comments:

  1. The dinner plate is exquisite ....as always a lovely and festive table! Your room looks so pretty with all of the lights glistening in the background ~ Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. A truly gorgeous table. If you ever need more of the braided chargers.. let me know. I have some. Welcome to borrow! The red silk is stunning. Wash or dry clean? I love the red/gold combination for Christmas. Such a pretty table! I'm sure your granddaughter was full of wonderment at all the decorations! xo marlis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending your time to leave a comment. I read each and every one of your generous thoughts. They encourage me in so many ways.

Follow Me on Instagram