Wednesday, October 8, 2014

When the Deep PURPLE FALLS, 10.9.14 and a Winner!

"First things first...We are truly blessed to have the means to set a pretty table and invite our friends to join us for good food and fellowship. I am mindful that many are not so fortunate. My daughter has a passion for the work of the Food Bank. As a singer-songwriter, she has written and recorded a song that is the anthem for the world wide Crop Hunger Walk project. Her song, "Raise Your Voice" is featured in their video. I've included a link in the side margin of my blog. I hope that during this harvest season, it will encourage you to support projects in your community that contribute to the effort to overcome hunger.


Kathleen of Cuisine Kathleen has challenged us to create a Fall tablescape with no orange and with purple...lots of purple.  I'm in the midst of busily preparing for my bi-annual luncheon for my college sorority sisters, so I've set a table that may or may not be put to use.  On a happy note for me, I'm pleased to announce that the winner of the tablecloth giveaway is Liz @ Infuse with Liz.  Liz, please, contact me with your address information, and I'll send the cloth on its way to you.  I'll be excited to see how you put it to use in one of your blog posts!

Tonight's post features quite a few pics...and minimal text...well, minimal for me.  

 Table for five at the games table in the living room...

 The gold tone flatware was a Dallas estate sale find.

 The reticulated bread plates were another estate sale find...12 for $10.00.

 The acrylic chargers from Hobby Lobby are quite inexpensive.  They are actually a dusty lavender...I couldn't quite capture the exact color...but it's definitely purple!  The Coalport Athlone Brown dinner plate repeated the color in the tablecloth that I made.

 The Wedgwood majolica grape leaf plate was a nice topper.


 Another shot of purple for our Kathleen...Waterford Simply Lilac and AJKA Arabella amethyst.


 Sweet Mister brought home our Autumn decorations just this weekend.  The burlap pumpkins just fit the bill!

 The antique amethyst bowl and stand belonged to our dear Nana...such a regal old piece.

 The Williams-Sonoma Flax hemstitched linen napkins are some of my favorites.  Today I used them to add a more casual yet sophisticated touch to my design.






 I even caught a few candlelight shots.  I'm out of practice.


 I always appreciate a good challenge.  Thanks, Kathleen!  This was an enjoyable project!  

This week I'm joining:








Entertaining Women
Entertaining Women

Hello, I'm Cherry Kay I was 40 before I realized that I am an artist. I love to paint, work in clay, rubber stamping, design tablescapes, entertain, and share ideas. I'm an interior designer wanna-be...no credentials, but lots of experience.

20 comments:

  1. Lovely table! Your stemware is amazing!! I went with a more 'elegant' look, too. This was a fun challenge, don't you think? Happy Fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful table, Cherry Kay. The stemware is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cherry Kay, You table is beautiful. The stemware is simply stunning The burlap pumpkins made for a perfect complement to the elegance of the china and stemware. This is a wonderful rendition on Kathleen's challenge. Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful as usual, Cherry Kay! Love those Coalport dinner plates, and they go great with the tablecloth you made, how fabulous my friend. The Wedgwood grape leaf is perfect color and shape for an Autumn table. You met the challenge beautifully!
    Thank you for your sweet visit, I love it when you come over!}FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful, Cherry Kay! I especially love your pumpkins and your glasses....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful...I am really coveting your stemware...it's gorgeous. Love the chargers and the way the burlap pumpkins look on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG thank you I am so excited about the tablecloth!! I'll send you a note with my address! Your table is beautiful! I love te purple bowl with the pumpkin for the centerpiece- great idea and your stemware is gorgeous. This challenge was tough for me since I own very little in the purple department! Again thank you for offering the giveaway and I look forward to receving the tablecloth! Hugs, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I LOVE this! It amazes me that a table showcasing goldware and Waterford can be the epitome of understated elegance, but that's exactly what you achieved. Nana's gorgeous amethyst bowl is the perfect showcase for Sweet Mister's pumpkins. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely luscious!!! Your table makes me want a glass of wine. OK...I have my glass of wine now. Now I'm good to go!

    I have those same chargers, and you're right...it's tough to capture their true color unless you're outside. Even then it's a bit of a challenge.

    Your husband is such a sweetheart! For him to bring the burlap pumpkins home like that shows he's not only paying attention, but that he really loves you. How many guys would be out there buying stuff like that unless they were head over heels in love? Go on with your bad self, girl!!!

    Good luck as you continue marching toward the date of your luncheon. You always put together a beautiful event, and I'm sure this year will be no exception. Have fun with it, and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!!! Those pumpkins are fabulous!! I have missed your tables as well. I hope to be around more often. Great table!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! And as a graduate of the University of Washington, purple and gold are my school colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely as always. It's rich and regal!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your pretty purples, and adorable burlap pumpkins, Thanks so much for taking the challenge, and good luck with your luncheon, I know it will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Om my Cherry Kay. I am speechless. This table is divine. Purple is my favorite color and you have certainly created a stunning table. The crystal goblets are my favorite.

    Wishing you a lovely weekend.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Cherry Kay, A grand table for your luncheon. First I love the antique bowl belonging to your Nana, a perfect centerpiece! The gold rim plates and flatware look great with the shades of purple. Fabulous estate sale finds. I’m sure the ladies enjoyed this setting if you decided to go with it! Beautiful.....
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh!
    How pretty!
    Everything looks elegant and sophisticated.

    What are you serving?

    Details please!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just beautiful Cherry Kay. I love the blue and purple together. Haven't been blogging in a bit. or even looking. shame on me. missed so much. I love how the pumpkins give a rustic look to your otherwise ueber elegant table. Great rendition of a purple fall table!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your table is just beautiful Cherry Kay..Even though I am not a big fan of purple, your table made me rethink that.
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely table, this purple colour ist different for an usually orange colour. Greetings from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello CK,
    Brown tablecloth, brown dinner plate, & purple everything else. Interestingly the brown photographed as an eggplant color. I would have sworn that the entire table was a play of verious shades of purple had you not described everything. Wonderful tablescape with an unusual color scheme. Regards, Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending your time to leave a comment. I read each and every one of your generous thoughts. They encourage me in so many ways.

Follow Me on Instagram