Thursday, May 16, 2013

More Sorrento + The Amalfi Coast

"First things first...We are truly blessed to have the means to set a pretty table and invite our friends to join us for good food and fellowship. I am mindful that many are not so fortunate. My daughter has a passion for the work of the Food Bank. As a singer-songwriter, she has written and recorded a song that is the anthem for the world wide Crop Hunger Walk project. Her song, "Raise Your Voice" is featured in their video. I've included a link in the side margin of my blog. I hope that it will encourage you to support projects in your community that contribute to the effort to overcome hunger.


The Garden Friends BIble study gathered again today at our house to end our year of study and fellowship.  I prepared a table to welcome them back, and we had a joyful time.  I have tons of pictures to share with you.  I'm going to wait until next week to post them because I want to take the proper time with them.  Tonight, we''re headed back to Sorrento, Italy to see the sights of the Amalfi Coast and some more of the tables of Sorrento.  After a busy day of entertaining, I think that I'll keep it somewhat short and sweet.  Post Script:  Well, it's short on verbage...but photo intense...I just couldn't help myself...fair warning.

We started bright and early, when our driver picked us up to head over the mountain to the magnificent Amalfi Coast.  Our first stop was Positano...

Dropping down into the lovely town of Positano, we stopped at a parking garage.  KC and I immediately wanted to make a pit stop  (TMI)...



The powder room and this were tucked under the parking garage.  See the kitty cat sipping water? 

Back up in the streets, the floral displays were gorgeous.

Leaving Positano ...



 ...to continue along the Amalfi Coast...






...and through the town of Amallfi, the oldest of the costal communities.  







We continued on to Ravello, one of the marvelous old walled cities....


...We explored a magnificent old villa... 







...My idea of the perfect fixer-upper....










...Can't you just see a massive, long table set for dinner al fresco?  This is where I told Sweet Mister.... 





 ...that he could buy it for me any time.  He passed.



After a delicious lunch, overlooking the sea, we retraced our steps to Sorrento, a nap, and...


 ...an idyllic, enchanted evening....

...at a beautiful table with a view of Mt. Vesuvius... 





a magical blue hour...


 ...and the love of my life, Sweet Mister...If I had to choose all over again, I'd still choose him!





It just kept getting better... 

...Amazing food and impeccable service... 



at the terrace dining room.... 
...of our wonderful hotel, The Hotel Bellevue Syrene.  We will return. If you have the opportunity, don't miss it!


I think that any season is the right time to ponder magical moments spent during long dreamed of visits to foreign lands.  How about you?  With thankfulness for her dedication and efforts, I'm joining the multi-talented Tablescaper for her meme Oh, the Places I've Been..  Don't miss out on this marvelous blog party.  See you there!  

You can check out KC's music at www.kcclifford.com, on iTunes, and on YouTube.  I hope that you'll take a few minutes and give her a listen.  You'll also enjoy reading back through her blog on this site.  The girl can really write!  Her latest CD is called "Orchid."  It is available on iTunes or through her website.  I hope that you'll give her music a chance.  I know that I have zero objectivity where she is concerned, but I think that you'll fall in love with her music and her!  

Entertaining Women
Entertaining Women

Hello, I'm Cherry Kay I was 40 before I realized that I am an artist. I love to paint, work in clay, rubber stamping, design tablescapes, entertain, and share ideas. I'm an interior designer wanna-be...no credentials, but lots of experience.

17 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures. Sounds like a great time. And your picture of Positano -- the house we're renting is in the picture -- it's up from the church! You're posts are really making me anxious to be on our trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful trip! The Amalfi Coast has to be one of the most romantic drives in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, thank you!!! Being of Italian heritage, a trip along the Amalfi Coast has always been a dream of mine and is one of the top things to do on my Bucket List! Your photos are beautiful and I can just imagine the wonderful time you had on this fabulous trip!! I WILL get there one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this place in Italy is magnificent. You had so mant wonderful photos. It makes me want to jump on a plane and go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mega deep *sigh*...what a wonderful trip! Thank you for taking us along. It brought back so many memories...you make we want to go back again. I shall take Ms. C. for sure!

    Thank you for a beautiful pause in my day.

    Hugs,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow -- Positano and the Amalfi Harbor are SPECTACULAR!!! You took some really terrific photos that would make anyone want to hop on a plane and fly straight over there. :) I've never been to Italy, but I'd certainly like to someday, along with France, Austria, and Switzerland. My list keeps getting longer every day. :)

    Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures and have a lovely weekend.

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exquisite beauty!!!!!Amalfi Coast is somewhere I'd love to visit--every picture you took looks heavenly.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. As beautiful as the Amalfi coast is, the drive along those cliffs overlooking the sea scared me to death. I was always very glad to get where we were going!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seeing your photos make me realize what a beautiful world we live in.

    How wonderful that you discovered that you are an artist. Your blog is a lovely expression of your artistic side.

    I am now following on GFC.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  10. What enchanting and romantic places. Amazing pictures. The highlight must have been that spectacular view at the restaurant. Thank you for taking us on this wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Amalfi Coast is on our travel list. Your photos and description make me want to book a flight asap. '-)
    Thanks for taking us along to this incredible part of Italy. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I will add this to my bucket list - lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how I love Positano and the Amalfi coast! I was there on my honeymoon and would love to go back!

    Your shots are amazing.

    Wonderful to have you at "Oh, the PLACES I've been!"

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am drooling over the wonderful pictures especially the meal on the terrace with Mt Vesuvius in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved this post, being an Italian gal, I need to visit again, I can't get my fill, I've only been there twice, in 1972 and 1991. Long overdue, but I am planning something for next year, God willing. I hope you are safe and out of harm's way with the devastating tornado in OK. xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cherry Kay - love this additional post from Italy. Thinking about the food that I ate in Italy has my stomach, as well as my heart, wanting to return. Thanks for showing these lovely photos - these are places that I have not visited. Love the ones of the sunset - how romantic are those!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Cherry Kay,

    This is just a beautiful post! Your photography is so impressive, and the scenery is absolutely spectacular!! I've never really seen pictures of Amalfi before, but now I see why people always talk about it. Wow!! I love the clouds on the mountains, the beautiful shades of blue in the water, the houses built into the side of the mountain, the curvy roads, everything. Your blue hour images are so lovely. This looks like the trip of a lifetime. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. :)

    I'm glad you're safe after the terrible tornados in your state. I thought about you when I first heard the news. I hope you have a wonderful week.

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending your time to leave a comment. I read each and every one of your generous thoughts. They encourage me in so many ways.

Follow Me on Instagram