Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Garden Friends Christmas Luncheon, 2013

"First things first...We are truly blessed to have the means to set a pretty table and invite our friends to join us for good food and fellowship. I am mindful that many are not so fortunate. My daughter has a passion for the work of the Food Bank. As a singer-songwriter, she has written and recorded a song that is the anthem for the world wide Crop Hunger Walk project. Her song, "Raise Your Voice" is featured in their video. I've included a link in the side margin of my blog. During this beautiful season when we celebrate harvest and Thanksgiving, I hope that it will encourage you to support projects in your community that contribute to the effort to overcome hunger.
***********************************************************************************************************

Merry Christmas!  I know that we've all had a full day with family and friends.  I'll share our Christmas Eve dinner next week.  This morning we were invited to share Beatrice Emaline's first Santa Claus tree at KC and David's new home.  It was such a precious time.




A week ago, I was blessed to gather some of the Garden Friends around my table to celebrate the most important birthday of the year.  Christmas...such a blessed season...we had a marvelous time filled with food, fun, and fellowship.  A good number of us were out of town for the holiday or entertaining family home for the week.  I set a table for six at our 'temporary' dining table.  



 Come on in.  Christmas is waiting for you...

 Traditional colors...

 ...made the season bright for our Christmas luncheon.

 The red Bormioli charger continues to demand a spot on my holiday tables.  The flatware is Retroneu Holly.  I've had it for years.  Tip:  Occasionally it shows up on eBay!


 The Copeland Spode Pink Tower is one of our everyday patterns.  It set a comfortable, casually traditional tone; plus, it goes in the dishwasher.  Perfect for a busy schedule.

 The Kings Crown ruby flash accent plate has also been a regular performer during the holidays.

 The napkins were a gift from my sister, and the tablecloth was a fortunate eBay find.


  Continuing with traditional Christmas colors, I paired the Vietri optical red goblet with the AJKA Arabella wine.  I get so much mileage out of these two patterns.  The crystal salt cellars were a gift from my friend Debbi.  They had belonged to her mother-in-love, Norma.


 A few easy "at hand" elements for the centerpiece...

 The Copeland Spode Camilla tureen, an eBay acquistion, is flanked by a pair of red transferware vases filled with Alstroemaria and a pair of Paden City ruby glass lidded compotes.  One of the  compotes belonged to our precious Nana.  I found its partner on eBay.

 Ready to roll!

 The buffet features a number of elements that I've used for different luncheons throughout the season.

 I'm serving Quiche Lorraine, Simple Salad, mixed berries, hot bread, and chocolate cake balls and cookies for dessert.

  May the details of your Christmas come together for you just the way that you've visualized them!  Merry Christmas, my dear blogging friends and readers.  You've made my year shimmer and sparkle!

This week I'll be joining the following parties:

Let's Dish with Cuisine Kathleen

Tablescape Thursday with Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch


Entertaining Women
Entertaining Women

Hello, I'm Cherry Kay I was 40 before I realized that I am an artist. I love to paint, work in clay, rubber stamping, design tablescapes, entertain, and share ideas. I'm an interior designer wanna-be...no credentials, but lots of experience.

13 comments:

  1. Your Christmas table is divine. The red goblets and green wine glasses set the atmosphere for a very festive holiday table. I have been looking for the green wine glasses (for myself) forever. I think they are gorgeous. Merry Christmas, and a Blessed New Year. Hears a toast to many more beautiful tablescapes to entertain all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely Christmas table, Cherry Kay. I love the Spode plates and that tureen is beautiful.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Christmas table with traditional colors, Cherry Kay. Love the beautiful crystals. Happy New Year. Oh Emaline is so cute, what an exciting time for all of you...,Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cherry Kay, it's fun to see your special holidays touches. Love the swag on the chandy! The table is filled with beautiful pieces. You are the master at mixing gorgeous tabletop elements. I look forward to seeing your family table. Of course the real star of this post is that first photo. What a joy!
    Continue to enjoy the delights of the season. Sending hugs your way…..Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. The house and the table look fabulous -- but then, we would expect nothing less! :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to get on eBay more frequently. Your finds are amazing! That tablecloth works perfectly with your table. Love the charger plates, too! And as for Beatrice . . . Well, I almost couldn't move past her picture. She is so, so beautiful! I hope you and your family had a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another spectacular table Cherry Kay. What a great celebration. Your home is decorated beautifully. And your little angel is gorgeous. Happy New Year.

    Hugs,

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely table! Your stemware is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated "Merry Christmas" Cherry Kay!
    What a special treat to see your sweet little grandgirl, Beatrice Emaline enjoying Christmas. She is a living doll!!
    Love the red headband!

    Your entry foyer looks spectacular with all your beautiful holiday decorations. I'm going to borrow your idea of tucking some white lights beneath fabric to surround my nativity scene next year. It looks awesome!

    I love your Copeland Spode mixed in with the Kings Crown ruby flash accent plates...such a great combo!

    The Vietri optical red goblets with the gorgeous green AJKA Arabella wine glasses go beautifully together.
    How lucky you were to find a matching Paden City ruby glass compote to go with your Nana's treasure. You certainly inherited some lovely items from her!

    I especially enjoyed seeing how you decorated your chandy! Very pretty!
    You do such a lovely presentation every time you set a table, Cherry Kay. I do so wish we lived closer to each other!

    Have a wonderfully Happy New Year & I hope your hubby will be fully recovered from his surgery very soon.
    Hugs,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know why, but I've been knocked off from lots of bloggers' automatic email alert for when you post. I've been missing your posts because of it. That really ticks me off!!! I'm not sure what's going on. I have re-joined, so hopefully that will work now.

    Your home - as always - is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS in all its Christmas finery!!! Oh, Cherry Kay, it's just beautiful! Every little detail is addressed, and one couldn't help but to walk in and want to stay...forever!!! :-)

    It is such a pleasure to be able to enjoy your creativity and sense of style each week. Have a very happy and safe New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Emaline is just precious!
    Your table looks beautiful. I love the red and green stems, gorgeous. Everything looks so festive and inviting!
    Your home looks wonderful! I hope you are enjoying the 12 days of Christmas!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Cherry Kay, Happy New Year everything looks so lovely as always!! I've been by to visit several times but wasn't able to post my comments....but we have fixed our google account and now we can
    Have a wonderful 2014
    xoxo
    Bunny
    The Paris Houe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cherry Kay
    Your home is so beautifully decorated for the holidays and your little one is just precious! Of course your table is just perfectly set for a Christmas lumcheon...I'm catching up with my favorite blogs!
    Happy New Year!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending your time to leave a comment. I read each and every one of your generous thoughts. They encourage me in so many ways.

Follow Me on Instagram