Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Van Gogh Immersion Exhibit


 
The Tales of the Traveling Totes is a quarterly link party that chronicles the travels and activities of ten women who live all across the United States. Our purpose is to learn how much of the world can 10 average women, carrying the same MacKenzie-Childs Courtly Check Tote, see.
 You can read tales about our adventures on March 1st, June 1st, September 1, and December 1st. I am thrilled to participate with this amazing group of women. At the end of my post, you'll find links to join the other toters and read what they've been doing this quarter.

During February, Carrie Ann Hall and I were blessed to attend the Van Gogh Immersive Exhibit with two friends, when it was in Oklahoma City. It was a magnificent experience. Van Gogh's work consumed every surface of the room, and his experiences as a painter during his lifetime, moved across every surface of the room (including those of us who were viewing his works) to the symphonic music of his generation. Notice how the visitors make you look twice to tell if the person is observing or perhaps a part of Van Gogh's painting. During Van Gogh's career, light sources were changing rapidly from candle light, to large candleliers, to the electric light bulb.


 The exhibit teaches its viewers about the influence of different forms of light as Van Gogh captured each moment. In this exhibit, even the floors became a part of the experience, and everything segued seamlessly from one painting to the next. Once you entered, you were allowed to see the film loop as many times as you wished. We studied his stroke work, his use of color and light, his love of nature, and learned more each time we observed the presentation. I shall allow the pics to speak for themselves, and I hope that if you are close to one of the sites where the exhibit is still scheduled to open, that you’ll be able to attend. Our venue produced an exquisite presentation. 


Given the opportunity, Carrie Ann Hall and I would secure our reservations and attend it again. I give it 5 stars. The gift shop was a treat, too. They sold everything at 75% off. My favorites were the variety of teacup, saucer. and spoon sets available for purchase. A great number of each pattern jumped into my basket. I'm going to have a major tea party! You're invited.
















Thanks for coming along on my journey. Next week we're headed for Tupac, Arizona to visit a dear old friend who is 93. Then the following week we are headed to Helena, Montana to visit some dear friends whom we have seen for way too many years. We lived in Helena in 1971, prior to Sweet Mister's assignment in Vietnam.  Our precious friends made us feel so welcome when we moved to Helena, and love them a great deal. I'm so excited to get to spend a few days with them.

Be sure to visit all the ladies of Tales of the Traveling Tote and see what they have been up to this first quarter of 2023.  Our hostess is Rita, and she'll love to receive your comments, so she can include in the drawing for a darling MacKenzie-Childsl gift tag. You'll find all the toters at the following links:
  Debbie with Miss Aurora @ Mountain Breaths 
Emily with Miss Courtney Childs@ The French Hutch
 Patti with Miss Kenzie @ Pandora's Box
Jenna with Miss Coquille @The Painted Apron
Linda P with Miss Lola @ Life and Linda
Rita with Miss Luna C @ Panoply 
Sarah with Miss Merri Mac @ Hyacinths for the Soul
Jackie and Miss Madi K @ Purple Chocolat Home
Ricki Jill and Countess De Monet @ The Sketchy Reader
Cherry Kay and Carrie Ann Hall @ Entertaining Women 


It's going to be great to share our adventures and journeys with you come June1. I know that all of us are eagerly looking forward to Spring after the brutal winter that we've all experienced this year. I pray that each of you is safe and warm now.

We also look forward to seeing you on the fifteenth of each month on Instagram. If you also have a MacKenzie-Childs bag, we'd love to have you join us to share a pic of your bag and you showing what you've been doing.

I hope you'll drop by and leave a comment if you have a moment or two. I'd love to hear from you!

Entertaining Women
Entertaining Women

Hello, I'm Cherry Kay I was 40 before I realized that I am an artist. I love to paint, work in clay, rubber stamping, design tablescapes, entertain, and share ideas. I'm an interior designer wanna-be...no credentials, but lots of experience.

9 comments:

  1. This looks like a fabulous exhibit! I wish it would come to Syracuse! I was gifted a Van Gogh dish towel and luminary gift at Christmas and love it! Looking forward to hearing about your next list of travels in June! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see this amazing exhibit and missed my chance due to Covid. It was in Birmingham and I had already marked my calendar for this much anticipated event. Then the pandemic and we decided not to attend. I enjoyed seeing your photos so thank you for sharing the exhibit. I know you are looking forward to your next trip, Montana sounds exciting. Happy March ........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an amazing exhibit. So many wonderful photos. A visual presentation for us all. Happy future travel Cherry Kay. Happy March.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was in Austin and Dallas, but sadly I didn't get to experience this amazing show. Thanks for taking me along with your excellent photos. Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have several friends who have been lucky enough to experience this Van Gogh exhibit, and as an artist I truly wish I could too, I know it's incredible! Thank you for taking me on a virtual tour, much appreciated! Enjoy your upcoming travels Cherry Kay~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our town received a watered down version of the Van Gogh immersion experience, but my sister in Cincinnati and a friend in FL both got the full experience. The gift gallery and 75% off?! I would've shopped as it sounded you did! Way to go, Cherry Kay. Happy March, and happy trails for your upcoming trips to AZ and WA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic exhibit: I loved seeing your photos! Enjoy your upcoming trips to Arizona and Montana. I hope to read about them June 1st!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous experience. This happened in our world around Covid, was canceled and I never went to the rescheduled. Alas. I should have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge and expertise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending your time to leave a comment. I read each and every one of your generous thoughts. They encourage me in so many ways.

Follow Me on Instagram