Thursday, May 12, 2016

Coalport Leighton Sprays for a Birthday Lunch

It's been way too long since I last blogged.  I think that it's going to take a while to regain my rhythm in my posts.  I can't say that there have been any giant catastrophes in my world, other than the loss of my precious Yorkshire terrier Dickens about 6 weeks ago.  He had been in a "failure to thrive" mode for a number of months.  He was 15 years old, and his tiny warrior body just finally wore out.  He went peacefully in his sleep after spending the morning sleeping in my lap as I visited with my sister, who was our welcome guest for the weekend.  Dickens was such an important part of our family, and his absence left a gaping hole in my heart.  On a better note, my knee replacements have changed my life in a major  way.  I go for days at a time without ever thinking about my knees.  If you have knee issues, you can totally identify with that statement.  Why, I can  even wear a modest height heel now for the first time in three decades!  Admittedly I walked like a 13 year old for a while after taking my little heels for a spin. Life is good.

This week, I'm sharing a tablescape from February, '15.  The Garden Friends gathered to celebrate a birthday for our intrepid leader, Barb.  We're at the games table in the living room.  Come join us, please!

Barb loves bright clear colors.  I love blue and white.  I thought that this table would please both of us.

I made the blue and white gingham check tablecloth many years ago.  Today it added a degree of easy going comfort to the design.



A large AJKA rose bowl anchored the centerpiece. I bought it at an estate sale...great get.  A quartet of cobalt depression glass candlesticks surrounded the bowl of roses in assorted bright colors.  A pair of crystal decanters held water for my guests to refill their glasses.  Small Waterford posey vases featured additional roses.    




The Anna Weatherly cobalt charger was a graceful frame for the dinner plate.  Today I used my wedding silver, Reed & Barton Grande Renaissance.


The star of today's production was the Coalport Leighton Sprays dinner plate.  (I forgot to take a photo of the closeup the day of the luncheon. This picture is acting as a fill-in.)  I adore this pattern, and I use it on a somewhat regular basis.  It's a new addition to my collection, found during my recovery from my knee surgeries.



If you have read my blog for any time at all, you know that I really enjoy using cased crystal.  The addition of sparkling color always makes me smile.  Today the Waterford Simply Pink goblet and the AJKA cobalt Xenia were featured players.


The Glastonbury-Lotus bowl and plate were used for my homemade Gazpacho, another neat shot of fresh color for the table.

Finishing the tableau, Madeira napkins were caught in white Coalport Countrywide napkin rings.  The Val St. Lambert crystal open salts added yet another bit of lovely reflective light.




I'm so glad to be back in blogworld!...

I hope that you will want to join me at my tables once again.  Thanks for dropping by for a visit.

This week I'll be joining:

Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday






Entertaining Women
Entertaining Women

Hello, I'm Cherry Kay I was 40 before I realized that I am an artist. I love to paint, work in clay, rubber stamping, design tablescapes, entertain, and share ideas. I'm an interior designer wanna-be...no credentials, but lots of experience.

18 comments:

  1. How pretty! I love your table and home! Gorgeous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cherry Kay! It's so good to see you post again! This is a beautiful table. The bright clear colors are striking. Loving the cobalt blue crystal rose bowl and red and blue stemware. So sorry about your little Dickens. It's so hard to lose them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, joy! Cherry Kay is back sharing a beautiful table. How I've missed your posts, dear friend! This table is gorgeous as always. The Anna Weatherly chargers are calling my name. Simply exquisite!
    Breaks my heart to read that your sweet Dickens is no longer with you. Yes, our sweet pets are truly part of our family. I feel your loss and send loving hugs of comfort across the miles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about Dickens - it's so hard to lose a pet. I am happy to see that you are back to blogging and enjoyed seeing this beautiful setting. Keep them coming.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Cherry Kay... Happy to see you again with your creations. Your table is beautiful. Sad to hear about your loss about Dickens. So sorry. Lots o love Sujatha:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Cherry Kay....I love your tables. I am so sorry to report a major fail on a blue and yellow table I did the other day. It was a tablescape for a buffet and I took my things to decorate the table with a lot of confidence. It was awful....I am not exaggerating. I found a beautiful vase at home goods as my anchor....large, yellow Italian type. I had used it on a table at home and it worked. I admit I think of you when I am in panic mode....but try as I might I cannot channel you, even with your new knees. I will nail the yellow and blue table.....but this was not it. I did my best with what I had, I knew the food was good...but my table! awful

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've missed your posts, Cherry Kay, and I am glad to see you back! This table was a beautiful one - the colours really 'call' me. I am so happy to read that you are feeling well and are able to things with ease again, but sorry to read about your loss. Those little Terrier Terrorists really take hold in one's heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Birthday celebration was so beautiful. The star was the Coalport dinner plate! Everything was very elegant especially the lovely place plate! I am sorry to hear the loss your dog. Your health sounds so much better so you are blessed!

    Take care,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful Cherry Kay. Love the Coalport floral pattern! Sorry to hear of your loss. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so nice to see you blogging again and your nice has a great new look. Love the cobalt blue centerpiece with your large rose bowl and candlesticks. As always every detail is covered and looks gorgeous. Glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Dickens. But what wonderful news about your new knees. I am going to have to do something about my right knee one of these days, but coward that I am, I have been putting it off, so it's good to read your success story. And how lovely it is to see another of your beautiful and creative table settings, Cherry Kay. Thank you so much for sharing. Hugs to you, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry, my heart goes out to you, what a sad time to lose a dear pet it is.
    I have a little problem with my knees too, so I can relate my friend.
    I have missed you, but I'm so delighted to see such a gorgeous tablescape. I love everything, from the china to all your pretty stems, but I'm crazy about that centerpiece cobalt blue bowl, it is gorgeous!! A birthday celeb at it's best Cherry Kay.
    Take care and have a wonderful week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  13. Am so sorry to hear about the loss of Dickens. The table setting is lovely lovely. Am so happy you are back blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Cherry,

    I just stopped by to say hello. It's been a while so I wanted to check on you and I am sorry to hear about your beloved Dickens. Our little furry friends are family and loved more than anyone can know. We lost one 2 years ago and the pain was awful.

    Your table is very elegant and charming. You have been missed. I am happy to have you back.

    Hugs,

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  15. Catching up on reading.. so sorry about your sweet Dickens. Our babies leave a huge hurt when they leave us. My heart breaks with yours.
    Leighton Sprays.. how wonderful. Oh my. Carolyne Roehm has rubbed off, you know those are her favorites.
    Your table is divine, as always. How wonderful for your friends to be able to enjoy your artistic talents!
    Love n Hugs..
    Marlis

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've missed your posting and I've missed visiting blogland in general with my time off due to surgery, etc. I am SOOOO sorry about your dog, I truly am!!!

    This is an amazing table as usual--the blue and white is stunning, TIMELESS grandeur!!!


    Love/hugs/blessings,
    Lana Austin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello CK,

    I like the Coalport pattern - not too feminine but a bit bolder in pattern. It hold up well against the navy centerpiece. Speaking of which the bowl rested on a Coalport lunch plate? What was the white piece on the bottom. Also I, too, use my collection of Waterford posey vases at each place setting. A nice floral, tailored tablescape. Regardes, Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending your time to leave a comment. I read each and every one of your generous thoughts. They encourage me in so many ways.

Follow Me on Instagram