Thursday, April 20, 2017

Easter Delight, April 16. 2017

Oh my, I've missed you all so much!  I am pleased to report that I feel better than I have felt in years. My doctors tell me that I'm recovering from my lung surgery faster than they expected.  Works for me!  I was ready to roll when the time came to design my tablescape for our family's Easter dinner.  This past year, I have been collecting small figurines from Royal Doulton's Beatrix Potter Collection.  I knew that I wanted these charming little characters to become the focus of my centerpiece for this year's Easter table.  I could hardly wait for Beatrice Emaline and Hollis Harper to see it when they came to the table for our dinner to celebrate Resurrection Sunday.  I wasn't disappointed; they were fascinated by all the little characters.  I'm eager to know what you think about our table.  I've set a table for ten in the dining room.  Come on in...Fair warning, this is a photo intensive journey.


Beatrice's favorite colors are pink, purple, and blue.  I was determined to get a WOW from her...and the table did not disappoint.  The light lavender Williams-Sonoma hemstitched linen tablecloth set the mood for my design.

I allowed myself to run freely when it came to the color choices for our Easter table.
I chose this resin charger because 4 year old Beatrice gave them to me for my Christmas gift.  When I opened my gift, she said, "Mo, I chose these just for you.  I knew they would be perfect because they are unbreakable!"



The Copeland Spode Irene dinner plate pulled all the assorted colors together.  It was just what I wanted for this day.  Pay attention to the outside edge of the design.  It's actually a blue, but it plays as a blue violet against the tablecloth.  It is such a delightful pattern.  My wedding silver, Reed & Barton Grande Renaissance added just a touch of elegance to the whimsical tablescape.


If you are one my faithful returning readers, you recognize the Waterford Simply Blue goblet.  Today I've paired it with a new addition, an Italian pink wine goblet by Stelle.  The Stelle was an eBay find, and it was very inexpensive.  I've seen more of this design on eBay in several different colors.  One of them might be perfect for you.  Take a look! 


I pulled the minute Schumann Empress reticulated bowl to use as a butter dish for our dinner.  It made a lovely companion for...


the antique Madeira napkin.  Once again, the embroidery is blue, but against the tablecloth, my guests all thought it was lavender.


I always enjoy incorporating the tiny blown glass salt and peppers in an assortment of designs.


My goal was a place setting perfect for kids from 2 to 92!


I was grateful that I had left the vases on the buffet empty because one of our guests appeared carrying an armful of beautiful lilies...the perfect addition!


Now that you're positioned with a guest's eye view, maybe we can take a spot of time to examine the centerpiece.


On any other day, the antique Luneville tureen would be the crown jewel of my centerpiece,...


...on this day, the tureen had to be satisfied with a cameo role, along with the Hobby Lobby egg trees and Easter Egg garlands and the Pottery Barn topiary baskets.


There can be no doubt.  The stars of this Beatrix Potter Easter Parade were the Royal Doulton figurines.  Take a scroll  stroll and see which ones are your favorites...

















Did you discover any old childhood friends?


As much as my guests enjoyed the whimsical Easter Parade set for their delight and pleasure...


It is my fervent prayer, that we will all keep the incredible gift that is Christ's resurrection in the front of our minds each and every day as we move through the coming year.  May our loving mighty God equip each of you for the journey that stretches ahead of you, and may He fill you with His peace each day.


And remember to let me know if you are passing my way.  I'd love to set a special table just for you!

This week I'm joining:

Tablescape Thursday with Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch




























































































Entertaining Women
Entertaining Women

Hello, I'm Cherry Kay I was 40 before I realized that I am an artist. I love to paint, work in clay, rubber stamping, design tablescapes, entertain, and share ideas. I'm an interior designer wanna-be...no credentials, but lots of experience.

13 comments:

  1. Oh how I've missed your tablescapes that are always so pleasing to the sight, Cherry Kay. I am glad you ate feeling so much better. This table is amazing, so elegant and yet so much fun for kids too. I just love those Spode plates and the figurines are so adorable! I am sure both young and old enjoyed the table...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Easter table! Love all he spring colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Waterford goblets are so beautiful. I love that shade of blue! Thank you for sharing your tablescape :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What good news to know that you are doing well. I no longer do an Easter table thanks to a daughter having taken that day over, but when I did the Beatrix Potter figures always found a way to the table. Each year I gave the girls an addition to their collection and it was fun to gather them on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so delighted to see this fabulous table... almost as much as hearing how well you are doing! Praise God for your healing! The table is just precious. I love the figurines... what a fabulous idea. Your granddaughter has good taste! How wonderful that she is already in Tune with your passions. This is a table of dreams for everyone. Xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beautiful and enchanting!
    Sandra @ Dinner at Eight

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your table is delightful with all of your little figurines! I am sure the children enjoyed it as much as the adults. Your topiaries are so festive, too! happy to see you back to sharing your lovely tables!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful and colorful Easter table you've set! I'm glad you are feeling like doing that again and that your recent surgery went well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to know you are back and feeling so well...I check you each week to see if you are back....keep the tablescapes coming! Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how it thrills my heart to see this post and know that you are feeling like your energetic self. The table is as gorgeous as ever. You are such a talented tablescaper! I smiled when I read that the stars would be the Royal Doulton's Beatrix Potter Collection and that you had been collecting these. I, too, have been on a mission to gather a collection of these adorable figures. I'm just at four, but not in a rush. I want to give them to my two great nieces, but will wait till they are old enough to take proper care of these sweet treasures. I've been fortunate to find my four at different thrift stores or estate or garage sales, and each for a very good price.
    Cherry Kay, I've missed your beautiful tables, so i'm hopeful that you will continue to create and share your gorgeous tablescapes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy you are back and well. And I love the Easter table. Just perfect. Your tablescapes bring me so much joy (looking at your lovingly and carefully displayed collections). Many thanks for continuing to blog. N from VA

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Cherry Kay! Its so good to see you back. Your table was just beautiful. I love each detail. The dishes are truly beautiful and the pretty colorful stemware brought in some beautiful color. The Beatrix Potter figurines you've collected are adorable and made for some cute elements to be entertained with. I'm so glad your health is improving. XO, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello CK,

    A very whimsical table! I checked online and I believe the pink wine glass is made by a company Le Stelle from Italy (fyi). Regards, Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending your time to leave a comment. I read each and every one of your generous thoughts. They encourage me in so many ways.

Follow Me on Instagram