Friday, May 25, 2018

Antique Glass Club Spring Luncheon, Part 2, May, 2018


This week I'm continuing to share a few more of the lovely tables from the Antique Glass Club Spring Luncheon. I had to move quickly to capture as many of the tables as possible before the approximately 350 guests began to be seated. Also, I enjoyed playing with my new Sigma 35 mm Art Series lens made for Nikon. I still have a lot to learn about this lens, as some of my pics will testify. I hope that you will enjoy them, even in the hands of this amateur. Text will still be fairly minimal. Here we go...


This centerpiece was luscious. I loved the arch crafted of grapes and florals. The colored crystal posey vases were delightful.


Schuman Empress Dresden Flowers needs no introduction.


The reticulated charger and the layered napkins added texture to the design.


Tissue paper was cleverly used to craft the centerpiece for this tablescape.


I want to say this is a Herend pattern, but I shall willingly stand corrected if one of  you knows more about this dainty pattern than I.


Okay all you napkin ring collectors. This rose napkin ring was so impressive. I wish I had been able to inquire about current availability. The soft green goblet was the perfect color.


A second table laid with the Schuman Empress Dresden Flowers appeared a bit more regal because of the gold glass charger plate. Placed around the floral centerpiece...party favors became part of the design.


My picture of the floral design shows the colors more accurately here. Photography involves a steep learning curve for me.


The designer of this table mixed and matched with two classic china patterns. Another beautiful floral centerpiece graced the middle of table.  I wonder what this table would become with colored crystal goblets?




Mottahedeh Blue Canton is one of my favorite patterns. I really liked the cobalt tumblers. I wondered if the B&O Railroad mugs were party favors for the guests?


The train centerpiece might be a delightful centerpiece for a Father's Day table.


I hope that you are able to discern how beautiful this table is...


...despite my photography shortcomings. The exotic bird dinner plates were magnificent. The hostess for this table made the tablecloth and all of the placemats and napkins. They were meticulously constructed. I was agog!


This was definitely one of my favorited tables.


The Fitz and Floyd turkey tureen was the perfect centerpiece. Notice how the aqua accents in the turkey...


are perfect with the turkey plates and the handpainted cups and saucers. The terra cotta under plate was the spot on contrasting color for this table.  The wooden acorns of assorted sizes were hand made by the hostess' son. The cups had belonged to her grandmother. I'm not normally a huge fan of turkey plates, but if God looked kindly on coveting, I would be first in line. They are magnificent!

That's enough for this week. I'll share some additional tables next week.

Remember to leave a comment to be entered in my 8th Blogiversary Give Away of a set of 12 Pottery Barn Sophia dinner plates and salad plates! The winner will be announced the week of July 7!

This week I'm joining:

Inspire Me Tuesday with Marty @ A Stroll Through Life

Tablescape Thursday with Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch.

Dishing It and Digging It with Vanessa @ DIY Designs



Entertaining Women
Entertaining Women

Hello, I'm Cherry Kay I was 40 before I realized that I am an artist. I love to paint, work in clay, rubber stamping, design tablescapes, entertain, and share ideas. I'm an interior designer wanna-be...no credentials, but lots of experience.

6 comments:

  1. This is such an interesting group and the entire display must have been entrancing. Thank you so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a lovely event. How special to see all of these inspiring tables in person. Love, Love, these tables. How awesome that one of the ladies made the tablecloth, placemats and napkins. Thank you for sharing these fabulous
    Tables .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a lovely event. How special to see all of these inspiring tables in person. Love, Love, these tables. How awesome that one of the ladies made the tablecloth, placemats and napkins. Thank you for sharing these fabulous
    Tables .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cherry Kay, is everything all right? I posted a comment on the day I first saw this post but Blogger still says "No Comments." Maybe you are traveling. Good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I miss this gorgeous post? Wow, I am swooning over these tables. That first table with the arch is so beautiful and creative. It would be heavenly to create something this spectacular.The peacocks are a favorite. How talented to create so many wonderful accessories. I so appreciate the creativity and design. It makes us feel so special to be a guest at a beautiful appointed table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK...the centerpiece for that first table is just ridiculous. RIDICULOUSLY GORGEOUS!!! Who on earth??!!?!? The arc of the flowers was so graceful! And I love that he/she added tiny "satellite" floral arrangements to further extend the look!!! The flowers of the centerpiece perfectly complemented the china. Incredibly elegant! I love the sweet femininity of the 2nd table and those fabulous glass chargers! The green goblets were the PERFECT choice to stand out against all the pink. The chargers on that 3rd table were to die for, too! I enlarged the photo to get a better look at the pattern, and it just wooed me!!! Funny how the simple change of the charger can create such a dramatically different look and feel for a table, huh? I see what you're getting at on that 4th table. Were you thinking pink goblets? I can just see pink with that navy blue to complement the florals. The tablescape was lovely, but it could've been kicked up a notch with pink goblets. I'm guessing the creator had Father's Day in mind with the train motif on the 5th table. It works well with the bold Mottahedeh dishes and substantial tumblers. I can absolutely appreciate the beauty of Table #6!!! Oh, my! Exquisite!!! That birdcage is bold yet see-thru enough for guests to chat across the table. The plates...unbelievably gorgeous!!! I'm blown away that the table hostess crafted the textiles herself. Wow! WAY outta my particular wheelhouse!!! The last table's colors are super slick!!! That pretty blue reminds me of the 1930s...not that I was actually alive then, but you get my meaning! ;-) "If God looked kindly on coveting..."!!! You are so funny!!! I agree with you 100%. Sometimes you just can't help yourself! And her son made the acorns?!?!??!??! Again...talent abounded! Thanks again so much for sharing all these tablescapes! Makes me want to get crackin'!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending your time to leave a comment. I read each and every one of your generous thoughts. They encourage me in so many ways.

Follow Me on Instagram