Saturday, December 1, 2018

San Francisco Meets Carrie Ann Hall, September, 2018

I am so excited to be included as part of the group of talented, fun, and kind bloggers known as Tales of the Traveling Tote. Today is the first time that I am participating with them. In September, Sweet Mister and I were thrilled to have the opportunity to escape to San Francisco, California, for a few days. I happily loaded my now familiar MacKenzie-Childs Courtly Check tote for our very first adventure as one of the Traveling Totes. My tote is named Miss Carrie Ann Hall, and she has become my constant companion.


 
Upon landing in San Francisco, Sweet Mister had our driver whisk us across the bay and up into the hills of Mill Valley for lunch at Mountain Home Inn.

The views were breath taking, and...

                            
Carrie Ann selected the perfect table for us.

                                             
I enjoyed a delicious lunch of fresh crab cakes, and...


Our waitress was kind enough to take a couple of shots of us with my camera.



After a trip back across the Golden Gate...


 ...our driver drove us through The Golden Gate Park.



  Carrie Ann insisted on stopping by the Ampitheatre.

She couldn't decide if she was better suited as an audience member, or...

...center stage, as a performer. I'm pretty sure she's quite the performer.

                               
Checked into our hotel room...

...we had a neat view of the city. After a short nap, it was time to...


...head to Fisherman's Wharf and...

...eat again! This was one of those trips where every time we turned around, it was time to eat again! Worked for me. This night we dined at Fog Harbor Fish House.

Alcatraz could be seen from the window, mysterious and sad.

It was a lovely restaurant with beautiful views, and the food was excellent. Give it a try on your next trip to the City by the Bay. It was a delightful, romantic evening.

Upon leaving the restaurant...


It was obvious that the wharf was just beginning to come to life for the evening. We'd had enough for the day, and we were happy to head back to the hotel for a good night's sleep.

Saturday morning, we actually slept late. Unheard of for Sweet Mister and a treat for me. We headed to downtown San Francisco for an early lunch at Tadich Grill, the oldest restaurant in all of California.

The food was delicious, and the service was impeccable. I highly recommend Tadich Grill. They don't take reservations, and it is perpetually busy. They open at 11:15, and 11:15 on Saturday is one of the best times to find a table available when you enter the door. 

Once we were back at the hotel, our driver picked us up once again and drove us to Palo Alto and Stanford. Our main purpose for coming to San Francisco was to attend the induction ceremony for the Stanford University Athletic Hall of Fame. Sweet Mister's prep school coach was being inducted for his career as golf coach at Stanford University.Sweet Mister and he have been very close for more than 50 years. He deserves a great deal of credit for the man that my Sweet Mister came to be. We adore Coach.

The induction ceremony was held at the beautiful Stanford Performing Arts Center. We had a delightful time.

After the induction, we gathered our things at the hotel and headed for a late flight at the airport. We had to cut our trip short because we were determined to be home for Beatrice Emaline's sixth birthday. It was a delightful trip.  I highly recommend eating your way across San Francisco!

Plus...I left my heart. It's a glorious town.

Remember our delightful MacKenzie-Childs Tote giveaway! Just check in with Jackie @ Purple Chocolat Home to enter and WIN!!!!!

Don't forget to stay up-to-date with us on Instagram: #talesofthetravelingtote

Be sure to stop by to check out the adventures with all of the members at Tales of the Traveling Tote!

Debbie with Miss Aurora @ Mountain Breaths 
Emily with Miss Courtney ChildsThe French Hutch
 Patti with Miss Kenzie @ Pandora's Box
Jenna with Miss Coquille @The Painted Apron
Linda P with Miss Lola @ Life and Linda
Rita with Miss Luna C Panoply 
Sarah with Miss Merri Mac @ Hyacinths for the Soul
Jackie and Miss Madi K @ Purple Chocolat Home
Ricki Jill and Countess De Monet @ The Sketchy Reader
Cherry Kay and Carrie Ann Hall @ Entertaining Women  

Please, stop by and leave a comment. I love to hear from you, and each comment means so much! Thanks for coming by for a visit. Cherry Kay
Entertaining Women
Entertaining Women

Hello, I'm Cherry Kay I was 40 before I realized that I am an artist. I love to paint, work in clay, rubber stamping, design tablescapes, entertain, and share ideas. I'm an interior designer wanna-be...no credentials, but lots of experience.

11 comments:

  1. I left my heart there, too. San Fran is such a fun city and my favorite part was the boat ride out to Alcatraz - how any prisoner thought they could swim the bay is beyond me!! Looks like Carrie Ann enjoyed her maiden trip and we are so happy to have you join our silly group! I look forward to reading about more of your travels! Happy December!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherry Kay and Miss Carrie Ann Hall - welcome to the Traveling Tote Tribe! I look so forward to hearing more of your tales of travel. San Francisco is one place where Mr. P & I have been, and really enjoyed the sights. We did visit that amphitheater, and also Alcatraz. We stayed in an old factory right alongside the wharf. Very happy for your Mister to be able to participate in his coach's Hall of Fame ceremony while enjoying the sights of the city at the same time.

    Enjoy your holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Cherry Kay to your first TTT post! What a great trip you and your mister had. I love San Francisco and it's been a long time so I thoroughly enjoyed all of your photos. Such a beautiful spot for your lunch upon arrival in CA and I remember crossing the Golden Gate, so impressive. We also had a downtown hotel and I loved walking to the Pier. The restaurant looks like a great place and the view is amazing. How wonderful for your friend and the ceremony you both attended. I'm sure it must have been a wonderful occasion for all. Yes, I understand the need to hurry home, we can't miss those special days of birthdays. A great post Cherry Kay. I'll stroll back through, I don't want to miss anything, great tour. Happy December.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cherry Kay, it is such a treat to have you and Miss Carrie Ann Hall join our group. Your premier trip was incredible. I love San Francisco! When "the chef" was working, he had occasional business trips to San Francisco, and I frequently would tag along. Yes, it is easy to leave your heart in San Francisco. Thanks for taking us along. It was fun to think back on those beautiful sights.
    Miss Carrie Ann Hall is the perfect travel companion, and I look forward to upcoming adventures you two will share.
    Happy Holidays to you and the sweet mister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Miss Carrie Ann Hall looks like she loved San Fran! My sister lived there when we were first married so we went a lot, but we haven't been for years. Looks like you had a wonderful time.
    I know she really lives up to her name because sometimes I can barely carry Miss Madi K as I pack her for a trip.
    So fun to have you traveling along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love San Francisco but haven't been there for years so it was so much fun to travel there with you and Miss Carrie Ann Hall! It looks like you and your husband had a wonderful time, not to mention all the fun Carrie Ann Hall had posing! She seems to love having her pic taken! The Golden Gate is breath taking to drive on, and I love the way you captured it with your camera! We are so happy to have you in our TTT group Cherry Kay, and I love that you are using your tote to the fullest! I am so looking forward to getting to know you better!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I've heard so many nice things about you, Cherry Kay! It's nice to meet you!!! Welcome to the group! I love the name of your tote. Miss Carrie Ann Hall has made me giggle this morning. You have a cute sense of humor! I enjoyed your post, seeing all the photos and reading about your trip to San Francisco. We almost went there for Thanksgiving (my husband's favorite city) but I got my choice this year!

    I hope you have a blessed Christmas!

    xo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome again to the tote group. SF is a fun city, a few hours from me. Love your creative tote name. Looks like you visited some lovely spot. The wharf has quite a few fun things to do. It is easy to leave your heart in S.F.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cherry Kay, we welcome you Miss Carrie Ann Hall with open arms. I know you will love this group of wonderful ladies, and we have become very close over the years. It looks like all of you loved San Fran! Miss Aurora would love a trip to San Fran, as I have been but she has not.

    We're happy you want to travel along with us! Enjoy our December outings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cherry Kay, so glad to see your post. You had a fabulous whirlwind trip to San Francisco, and for a very meaningful purpose. I love San Francisco and the city has a special meaning to our Missouri family; my husband's father was one of the iron workers who helped build the Golden Gate Bridge in the 1930's, and his parents were married there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always love visits to SF! Your photos are wonderful. My hubbie was raised in San Jose and we return to the area almost yearly. Love the conservatory and gardens there and all the great restaurants. Looks like a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending your time to leave a comment. I read each and every one of your generous thoughts. They encourage me in so many ways.

Follow Me on Instagram